Add your products to the shopping basket.
Don't know what to use? Find out which products we recommend in your situation.
Microneedling therapy with Dermaroller: proven effective against hair loss
Recent studies have shown that the use of a Dermaroller (also known as Microneedling) is an effective treatment against hair loss.
Microneedling by using a Dermaroller is a popular method for treating the skin. It is a type of therapy which can be easily applied and used for various conditions. Ranging from acne, stretch marks, hair loss and for better absorption of substances into the skin.
Microneedling and hair growth: Study 1
In one study, the effect of Minοx was compared with the effect of Minοx in combination with the use of the Dermaroller. The study was conducted in 100 men with androgenetic alopecia (AGA) over a period of 12 weeks.
- A significant increase of the number of hairs per cm2 in the group that was also using the Dermaroller. In the group that was using the Dermaroller, the increase was more than 91 hairs, compared to an increase of 22,2 hairs with just Minοx.
- Independent experts assessed in 40% of the users of the Dermaroller that the hair situation was improved drastically.
- 82% of the users of the Dermaroller indicated an improvement of the hair situation of at least 50% or more.
Microneedling and hair growth: Study 2
Another study conducted in women with varying types of hair loss, amongst which telogen effluvium and alopecia areata. In all women, one side of the scalp was treated with Microneedling in combination with a topical lotion containing hair growth stimulating ingredients. The other side was treated with Microneedling in combination with a salt solution (placebo).
- The number of hairs per cm2 in the side treated with the Dermaroller and a topical lotion was increased by 12.7.
- In the side treated with the Dermaroller and a salt solution there was a decrease of 4.2 hairs on average.
- Based on the studies, it can be concluded that the use of a Dermaroller in combination with a topical treatment (Minοx or other hair growth lotions) gives a better result than a topical treatment alone.
Dhurat et al. (2013) A randomized evaluator blinded study of effect of Microneedling in androgenetic alopecia: a pilot study. Int J Trichology. 5, 6-11
Song et al. (2012). Effects of topical application of growth factors followed by microneedle therapy in women with female pattern hair loss. Journal of Dermatology, 40, 81-13